Dreaming of a surf trip to Maldives?
If you need a little convincing… here are 30 reasons to get you packing!
1. Does the sound of almond shape barrels and empty lineups sound appealing?
2. You will be high on paradise the entire time.
3. Escape winter at home.
4. Sharks? What are they?
5. FACT: Beers taste better at sunset from safari boats.
6. Who doesn’t like coconuts?
7. There’s barrels for days… literally.
8. Enjoy palm tree fringed shorelines as you pump down the face of each wave.
9. Get an instant surf tan.
10. “I hate surfing in 28 degree Celsius tropical water” – said no surfer ever.
11. You have to buy tropical wax once in your life right?
12. Surf with turtles … daily.
13. No suitcase luggage required – just throw a heap of boardies or bikinis in your surfboard bag.
14. Maldives has the clearest water you’ve probably ever surfed in.
15. It’s the perfect excuse for a new surfboard… or three.
16. Don’t stress….Coastal Watch and Magic Seaweed still work from the tropics.
17. Cruise between Maldivian islands in search of waves.
18. Ditch the wetsuit.
19. Bikinis look better from paradise!
20. When you’re not surfing enjoy exploring local villages, meeting other surfers and snorkeling in tropical lagoons.
21. Share the line up with dolphins, turtles, fluorescent gropers, mantas, reef sharks and tropical fish…seriously!
22. Be graced by Maldivian locals.
23. Ice cream tastes better post surf from the tropics.
24. Average daily air temperature: 28 degrees Celsius.
25. Enjoy sky glowing sunsets from your front row seat in the line up.
26. It’s probably the closest thing to ‘Surfers Heaven’ here on Earth.
27. You know you’re arriving at a pretty special destination when everyone on the plane pulls out their camera upon landing.
28. Post your amazing surf trip pics to Instagram and make your friends back home come down with a little case of surfing envy.
29. Get proof of your amazing trip with the best surf pics of your life.
30. Return home super fit from all the surfing hours you put in.