Aug. 19—The trial of a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman at her Longmont apartment last year has been pushed back to November.
Jason Cuomo, 43, pleaded not guilty in January to three counts of sexual assault — use of force, according to online court records.
Cuomo had been set for trial next week, but that trial setting was canceled, according to online court records.
Online court records now show Cuomo being set for a five-day trial starting Nov. 15.
According to an arrest affidavit, a Longmont woman said she was at her apartment in Longmont on March 28, 2020, when Cuomo knocked on her door. The woman said Cuomo used to live in the area, and she let him in to talk.
The woman told police Cuomo then sexually assaulted her, even as she told him to stop. She said Cuomo then began to leave the apartment, but then came back for his keys and sexually assaulted her again.
The woman was taken to UCHealth Longs Peak Hospital for a sex assault examination, and nurses also found a bruise on her head which the woman said she sustained during the assault.
The woman told police she had known Cuomo for about a year, but had only interacted with him about five times before.