Source: Seventh edition of Salesforce State of Marketing – Insights and trends from over 8,200 global marketers engaging customers from anywhere
Methodology: Salesforce Research surveyed over 8,200 marketing leaders worldwide to get their views on a range of subjects including shifts in marketing strategy. state of digital transformation, data management and collaboration. Data in this report is from a double-blind survey conducted from May 4 through June 3, 2021 that generated 8,227 responses across North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
More from this source:
- 78% of marketers say their customer engagement is data-driven
- With so much emphasis being placed on customer data and its implications for
marketing, it’s reasonable to assume that organisations would pull out all the stops
to ensure its overall quality. Unfortunately, marketers have made only marginal progress in improving data hygiene.
- Marketing data quality still leaves much to be desired
- 78% of high performers say they use a customer data platform (CDP), versus 58% of
- With this data explosion, consumers are becoming wary about the safety of their private data–61% of consumers feel like they’ve lost control over how their personal information is used (up from 46% in 2019).*