Kuala Lumpur, 20 December 2021 – NortonLifeLock, a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, recently announced the launch of Dark Web Monitoring in Malaysia.
Available now in select Norton™ 360 plans, this new feature patrols the dark web and notifies customers of potential threats to their identity, if detected.
The dark web is a small part of the web where anonymity is prized and nefarious activities can run amok. Where previously two people might have met in a dark alley to exchange illegal goods for cash, today cybercriminals can meet anonymously on the dark web to illegally purchase information that can be used to commit identity theft or other crimes. Last month, Malaysia’s Commercial Crime Investigation Department shone a light on the severity of cybercrime, urging victims to report scams to enable information to be collected for further action*.
Mark Gorrie, Senior Director, Asia Pacific, NortonLifeLock commented, “No matter how careful an individual may be with their personal data online, an everyday activity such as going to a store and using a credit card could lead to data being leaked and reaching the dark web. While data breaches involving large companies have become familiar topics on the news, smaller organisations are also targeted by cybercriminals and these events may not be heavily publicized, although the impact on lives is just as real.”
“We are delighted a range of Norton 360 plans in Malaysia now include Dark Web Monitoring. Our Dark Web Monitoring feature actively searches the dark web for your email address and other personal data you choose to register and issues a notification should that data be discovered. With Dark Web Monitoring we are offering another tool to help protect and empower people to live their digital lives more safely.”
Dark Web Monitoring is now available in Norton 360 Premium, Norton 360 Deluxe and Norton 360 for Gamers. When a customer subscribes to a Norton 360 plan with Dark Web Monitoring, the email address registered to the Norton 360 plan will be monitored automatically, while the easy-to-use dashboard allows for personally identifiable pieces of information to be added for monitoring. This includes: up to five insurance account numbers; email addresses, phone numbers; and up to ten: credit card numbers and even gamer tags. In the event of that data being found on the dark web, whether through forums or websites, the notification allows for direct action to be taken, including changing a password, or contacting a trusted service provider.
Current customers with an active subscription can now access Dark Web Monitoring for the remainder of their subscription at no extra cost through an automatic update. This extends across a number of devices, from smartphone to tablet, to PCs or Mac®, depending on the customer’s priorities and chosen plan.
In addition to Dark Web Monitoring, key Norton 360 features include:
- Norton Mobile Security– Smartphones and tablets may carry a lot of personal information and be vulnerable to cyber threats. Norton 360 helps deliver powerful, effective protection for your personal information on Android and iOS devices, against stealthy new mobile cyber threats and online scams.
- PC Cloud Backup:Choose the plan to suit your needs, with options from 50GB, 75GB, or 100 GB (depending on plan) of cloud storage for important files and documents as a preventative measure to data loss due to hard drive failures, stolen devices and even ransomware.
- Norton Secure VPN: Access your favourite apps and websites when connecting to Wi-Fi at home or on-the-go with the reassurance of bank-grade encryption.
- PC SafeCam: Alerts you to attempts to access your webcam and helps you block access to it.
- Parental Control: To help children more safely explore the internet
- Smart Firewall for PC: Helps protect your device and data from malicious attacks and intrusive eyes by monitoring and blocking suspicious network traffic.
- Password Manager: Create, store and manage your passwords, credit card information and other credentials online more easily.
- Norton 360 for Gamers:is a plan that offers advanced protection features specifically designed to address gamers’ unique security needs, without interfering with gameplay. The in-built Game Optimizer feature allows gamers maximize their game performance, for a more immersive gameplay experience.
- Norton 360 Deluxe,for up to five devices.
- Norton 360 Premium,for up to 10 devices.
- Norton 360 for Gamers, for up to three devices, with Game Optimizer.
For more information please visit http://www.malaysia.norton.com.
*Source: New Straits Times, November 2021
About NortonLifeLock Inc.
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, protecting and empowering people to live their digital lives safely. We are the consumer’s trusted ally in an increasingly complex and connected world. Learn more about how we’re transforming Cyber Safety at www.NortonLifeLock.com.