Fresh strawberries, sliced avocados, slivered almonds and feta cheese all tossed together with a homemade poppyseed dressing. This strawberry avocado spinach salad is so fresh and delicious and is a recipe that everyone will be raving about!
Salads are light, fresh and full of flavor if made right! Strawberries are my favorite in salads and these recipes are the perfect example: Mouthwatering Strawberry Spinach Salad, Strawberry Spinach Salad with Glazed Walnuts and Feta Cheese or Strawberry, Apple and Pear Spinach Salad with and Apple Cider Poppyseed Dressing.
Today I am sharing with you my favorite salad in the whole entire world. (No exaggeration!) I know that’s saying a lot! This is my go-to salad for any gathering and is requested every time! The fresh strawberries and avocado help to make this salad delicious. But it is the creamy poppyseed dressing on the top that is to die for! Every bite is a dream.
I love that strawberries are starting to come into season. This makes the salad even better! Everything in this salad looks so good, I could hardly cut the avocado and strawberries fast enough before I ate them one by one. Then add this tasty dressing into the mix. This poppyseed dressing is hands-down one of the best out there. It gives the salad such an amazing creamy and sweet flavor. You have to experience the amazingness of this salad for yourself! I know you’ll be just as obsessed with it as I am. Need more delicious homemade salad recipes in your life? See more recipes here!
Ingredients for the Salad and Dressing
This strawberry avocado spinach salad is best served fresh and after being tossed together. Add all the ingredients together in one bowl and prepare to be amazed! This salad has a crunchy, soft fruity texture with an amazing poppyseed dressing drizzled overtop. It’s the perfect light and refreshing lunch and so delicious!
- Baby Spinach: I like to wash and prepare my spinach before tossing it all together. You can also use baby kale if you prefer!
- Strawberries: Cut in half or into slices. I love using my strawberry slicer. It makes preparing fruit salads so easy!
- Avocados: I love adding avocados to my salads because they’re so creamy and delicious!
- Almonds: Buy them already sliced or chopped up for easy prep. You could also use chopped walnuts or pecans if you wanted!
- Feta Cheese: Crumble the cheese over the salad to add a delicious touch of tangy flavor.
For the Dressing:
- Mayonnaise: Acts as a creamy base for the dressing.
- Milk: 2% or whole milk is best. It adds a smooth and rich texture to the dressing.
- Sugar: For a hint of sweetness!
- Cider Vinegar: Adds a delicious, tangy flavor to the spinach avocado strawberry salad. It tastes amazing with the fresh fruit and greens.
- Poppyseeds: Poppyseeds are always a hit in salads and add the perfect touch of color and texture. They’re so tasty!
Make Your Dressing Dairy-Free
To make your poppyseed dressing dairy-free, use vegan mayo or Vegenaise, then your favorite nut milk or oat milk. You’ll also want to swap out the feta crumbles in the salad for a dairy-free version.
How to Make Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
You’ll fall in love with how quickly this tasty strawberry avocado spinach salad comes together. Simply combine all of your ingredients, toss, and enjoy! You’ll love its fresh, juicy flavor. It’s the perfect light lunch or side dish for your favorite meals.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, avocados, almonds, and feta cheese.
- Serve: Serve salad immediately and garnish with more feta cheese and almonds if desired.
Making the Poppyseed Dressing
- Whisk: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, cider vinegar, and poppyseeds.
- Toss: Pour about half over the salad and toss to coat. Add more of the dressing if needed.
Storing Leftover Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
Usually this strawberry avocado spinach salad is gone within minutes of serving it. It’s my most popular salad for good reason! Here’s how to store it and keep it fresh so you can enjoy it later.
- Making Ahead: Prepare and add all the ingredients together in a bowl or even separate bowls until ready to toss together. Place in the refrigerator and mix together within a few hours of preparing.
- Storing the Dressing: The poppyseed dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Refrigerating: This salad is best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If the salad is already tossed together with the dressing it will last in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Keeping the dressing separate will help the salad last 2 to 3 days however, it is still best served fresh.
Pro Tip: Add a Squeeze of Lemon
Before you refrigerate any leftover salad, add a squeeze of lemon juice! It will keep the avocado and strawberries from oxidizing as quickly. When sliced, avocados turn brown because of an enzyme called polyphenol oxidase. The ascorbic acid in citrus helps to slow down this process.
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, avocados, almonds, and feta cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, cider vinegar, and poppyseeds. Pour about half over the salad and toss to coat. Add more of the dressing if needed.
Serve salad immediately and garnish with more feta cheese and almonds if desired.
Updated on April 7, 2023
Originally Posted on May 1, 2014
Calories218kcal (11%)Carbohydrates13g (4%)Protein4g (8%)Fat18g (28%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Cholesterol9mg (3%)Sodium136mg (6%)Potassium437mg (12%)Fiber5g (20%)Sugar7g (8%)Vitamin A2094IU (42%)Vitamin C22mg (27%)Calcium85mg (9%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Keyword salad, salad recipes, strawberry avocado spinach salad
I am Alyssa and the blogger behind The Recipe Critic. I started my blog in June of 2012 as a place to share my passion for cooking. I love trying new things and testing them out with my family.