cronaca

Istana Negara:  Agong disappointed Emergency Ordinances revoked without his consent

KUALA LUMPUR — Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah has expressed his disappointment (amat dukacita) with the statement made in Parliament on July 26 that the government has revoked all the Emergency Ordinances which did not get his consent.

According to a statement issued by the Comptroller of the Royal Household of Istana Negara Datuk Ahmad Fadil Shamsuddin, the King is also disappointed when what was agreed earlier that the Law Minister Takiyuddin Hassan and Attorney General Idrus Harun during a virtual meeting which took place on July 24 that a proposal to cancel all the emergency ordinances to be debated in the parliament was not been implemented.

The statement made by the Minister on July 26 is not accurate and misleading the members of the parliament, says YDP Agong.

“The application to cancel all  the emergency ordinances on July 21 is done hastily without debating at the Parliament and the statement is contradictory and misleading in Parliament failing to respect the principle of the rule of law in the Rukun Negara.

“It clearly states that His Majesty the King has the powers to enact and repeal the Emergency Ordinances under the provision of Article 150 (2B) read with Article 150 (3) of the Federal Constitution.

“However, His Majesty also takes note that YDP Agong should act based on the advice of the Cabinet Ministers’ advice outlined under the provision of Article 40(1) of the Federal Constitution.” said in the Istana Negara’s statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *