OYO has announced ‘Samarthan by OYO’, which includes several welfare benefits for the families of hotel partners and home-owners, deceased due to COVID-19 as part of its bereavement support in the country. In the unfortunate event of death due to COVID-19, bereavement support will include the following measures:
OYO will support the deceased partner’s family by transferring three months of commission of take-rate to the property’s OYO Secure Wallet – a digital wallet for hotel and home-owners to give them real-time visibility of their earnings. Additionally, the company has waived off any pending dues against the property to:
- Fund the education of the partner’s children (up to two) for five years
- Extend medical coverage of up to INR 5 Lakhs for the spouse and children (up to one) for a period of three years
- Provide mentorship and internship opportunities to the eligible members of the deceased partner
- The company has been continuously extending support to its community of hotel and home-owners, providing them with access to COVID-19 related resources, including verified information on facilities, oxygen supply, and medicines.
- Vaccination against the virus is essential to fight COVID-19 and bounce back to normalcy.
The company’s effort to get hotel partners and their staff vaccinated through the ‘VaccinAid’ initiative has resulted in more than 2500+ hotels now declaring their staff as fully vaccinated, and this number is growing every day.